Leopold Toetsch wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[ snipped a lot of explanations ]

Please keep in mind, that the intended usage inside Parrot just should
be to locate some standard include or extension files for Parrot
internals. More abstraction and complexity can always be added above
that or implemented by HLLs.

leo

Is there a plan for operating systems without Unix-like hierarchical directory structures (eg IBM I-Series, I think z/OS, I'd assume many other enterprise OSs)? There are further difficulties in that some of these have multiple filesystems which look totally different from each other etc.

In general how much effort is it likely to be to get Parrot working on systems which don't look at all like Unix? I've tried to get Perl 5 to build on os/400 before and it wasn't a pleasant experience. Any chance it'll be easier to port Parrot?

Chris