>     .sub _main
>         .local object Cat
>         .local object felix
>         newclass Cat, "Cat"
>         find_type $I0, "Cat"
>         felix = new $I0
>         # ...
>     .end

Thanks, but that doesn't work either. :/
The "new" op expects an identifier. It won't
take a VAR, IREG, or REG.

> But note that objects are unfinished.  I ran into a certain problem
> when I assumed that attributes could be any type of data; not so --
> they can only be integers (at the moment).  I needed object support
> right away, so I simulated using a hash.  The hash has a "CLASS" key
> which holds the class to which it belongs.  I then use this to get
> the methods.

I'm not even trying to get objects working yet. I just
need something that'll let me run setprop on it so my
generators can make iterator "things" with a .next()
attached to them... I was using ParrotObjects and
ParrotClasss for a while but now you can't make a
new ParrotObject directly either. :/

Incidentally, anyone know why not? In python or
javascript it's easy to just create an object of
no particular class just to have a place to stick
things.

  foo = object()
  foo.x = 1

It was working fine in parrot too, but then it
went away. :/

Sincerely,

Michal J Wallace
Sabren Enterprises, Inc.