At 10:28 AM 1/15/2004 +0000, you wrote:
On Thu, Jan 15, 2004 at 02:21:56AM -0500, Melvin Smith wrote:
> I'd like to get imcc1 working as correct as possible and frozen
> within a couple of weeks, then I'll start on the really major rework
> for imcc2 (including all the deprecation that is going to make everyone

If the next parrot release is (going to be) planned for mid Feb then
it might be good to freeze v1 sooner to give more time for the impact
of the rework to be absorbed.

Or perhaps make v2 available sooner as "imcc2" and then rename them
both (imcc->imcc1, imcc2->imcc) once imcc2 is stable.

Tim [who may be talking nonsense].

Hope you don't mind me cc-ing this back to the list.

This is exactly what I was planning to do. I expect for a while
people won't want to target v2 so there will be a stable
standby until such time that it matures and we deem to
migrate Parrot tests to it (there will be a few minor breakages
of syntax).

-Melvin