Leopold Toetsch wrote:
We also need a way to mark ops for inclusion in miniparrot's limited op
set--although it might be better to do that in an external file.

Or mark exclusion, which might be simpler.

Simpler, yes. Safer, no.

> What ops aren't supposed to
be in miniparrot?

Anything we can't guarantee can be supported on any ANSI-compliant platform with very little to no probing. (Ideally, I'd like for miniparrot to include no test C programs; realistically, that may not be possible.)

That means anything dealing with JIT, dynaloading, NCI, threading, signals, processes (except system()), possibly binary data, probably environment variables...you get the idea.

--
Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.