Leopold Toetsch wrote:

Jens Rieks wrote:

I've prepared a patch for it.

Why do you change all to the longest declaration of Parrot_Interp?

We have in decreasing length

struct parrot_interp_t *
struct Parrot_Interp *
Parrot_Interp
Interp *

We need the structure declaration which could be 1) or 2) and we want a short typedef for it. So let's use the latter, which doesn't hide that its a pointer (albeit I used to use Parrot_Interp).
Of course 2 or 3 have to be tossed. (I'd toss 1 and 3 and use 4 in the tree)

The naming conventions call for parrot_interp_t to be used on the struct instead of Parrot_Interp. The fact that almost the entire core *should* be using Interp * is a separate issue--everyone's using the raw struct for hysterical raisins. The struct was being used before the typedef existed, and nobody's bothered to go back and change it.

Nonetheless, it's a separate issue that this is a good time to address.

--
Brent "Dax" Royal-Gordon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Perl and Parrot hacker

Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.