Nicholas Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 24, 2004 at 09:45:27AM -0500, Ken Fox wrote:

>>                        As long as an architecture change is on the
>> table, might as well make it a doozy.

> Quite a lot of us would just like parrot COMPLETE and CORRECT before
> starting to put a lot of effort into how fast it is.

Yes. Obviously my posting proposes a solution for the current incorrect
behavior of continuations in combination with register re-allocation.

And as a side effect it will make Dan's evils subs compile, because
long-lived lexicals already have their storage aka register. Only temps
need a register allocated.

> PLEASE can we get parrot functionally complete, THEN start refactoring it
> to go faster. Until such time as we have complete, functional high level
> language running on it, with real world programs (rather than benchmarks and
> torture tests) optimisations are likely to be premature, as we don't have
> complete or realistic data of what our true speed problems are.

That's of course right.

> Nicholas Clark

leo