On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Roger Browne wrote:

Leopold Toetsch wrote:
Well, if you have some mixed environment, you'd probably build parrot on
all machines with the PMC's needed. Something like:

   perl Configure.pl --with-tcl --with-python

to get these PMCs built on it.

I'm thinking of situations like web hosting, where the provider will in
future offer parrot alongside php etc. But you probably won't be able to
convince the average web hosting provider to reconfigure their parrot
installation to include PMCs that support your preferred niche language.

Speaking as someone who runs a web hosting company: you're absolutely right. This would be a nightmare.

What I'd want is to be able to download the language
specific extensions as a library from cpan. Better yet if users can do it themselves without having
to bug me.

Sure, I'd probably install as much as I could, but
there's always someone who wants the version you're
not running. :)

- Michal
http://withoutane.com/