Allison Randal wrote:
Our trac admins report that this is caused by users who don't have their email authenticated (that is, Trac sends you a test email, and you confirm that you got it, so Trac knows the address is valid). When we upgraded, existing users needed to re-authenticate their email addresses, but the upgrade process doesn't include resending the authentication emails.

When you update your email address in trac, it should resend the authentication request. Once you confirm the change, you'll be set.

I just confirmed this with my account. Adding a name and email address under 'Preferences' destroyed my privileges, and made the following error message appear at the top of each page:

Warning: <acct_mgr.web_ui.MessageWrapper object at 0x814f76cc>

It also emailed me a verification message, and once I followed the steps in the message, my permissions were all restored.

Our admins also mentioned that this unhelpful error message is filed as a bug in the TracAccountManager plugin:

http://trac-hacks.org/ticket/4125

Allison