> Also, its not entirely clear why method chaining is desired only for
   > constructor and destructors.  What about every other method?

Constructors and destructors are special. They're not about *doing*
something; they're about *being* (or not being) something.

A "doing" method *may* wish to make the object do everything its hierarchy
allows it to do: that's why I proposed C<NEXT>.

A "being" method *must* make the object be everything its hierarchy requires
it to be: that's why I proposed hierarchical constructors and destructors.

Damian