At 03:53 PM 8/1/00 -0500, Brust, Corwin wrote:
>Could this then also give the programer control over the content of
>error/warning messages produced by Perl at runtime?

That's feasable. It'd be a performance hit, but I can't picture this really
being a performance-critical area... :)

Put together an RFC for it. (Soon!) This is a language topic, but it will
impact internals a touch, and I'd like to get as many of the "impact
internals" things spec'd out as soon as possible. Even if the final form
differs, it's easier to modify a capability than bolt it on after. (cf
perl5 & threads...)

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk