On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 03:19:35PM +0100, Graham Barr wrote:
> I am open to suggestions. Of course one may be move the connect
> out of the constructor. But that leaves the constructor
> being nothin more than a bless.

Here's a modification of my previous evil suggestion:
Have a global (existing everywhere, all the time) "error" thing where
people can put error information.  Perl uses it and module authors
could too.  This would be similar to $!, only not tied to errno.

$fh = open("file") or die "$ERROR";
$ftp = new Net::FTP->new($host) or die "$ERROR"; # assigned in Net::FTP

just brainstorming,

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff