On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 06:13:13PM -0000, Perl6 RFC Librarian wrote:
> =head1 TITLE
>
> Maintain internal time in Modified Julian (not epoch)

How would this be stored?  As a floating point number?  What about
sub-second accuracy?  To get seconds you'd need about 5.15 decimal
places (let's just call that 6) I think it should be stored as 2 numbers,
the julian day and the seconds into that day.

Also, I'd bet that most people only use time() in conjunction with one
of the other date/time routines to get hours/minutes/formatted
time/formatted date/whatever.  Will these other date-ish routines have
to be modified to understand mjdate() output?

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]