Mark-Jason Dominus wrote:

> > This reminds me of a related but rather opposite desire I have had
> > more than once: a quotish context that would be otherwise like q() but
> > with some minimal extra typing I could mark a scalar or an array to be
> > expanded as in qq().
>
> I have wanted that also, although I don't remember why just now.  (I
> think have some notes somewhere about it.)  I will RFC it if you want.

Yes, please.

Those of us on VMS will be pulling for this RFC.  The C<$> runs rampant
through VMS namespaces, not to mention that each line of VMS' equivalent
of a Unix shell script (called a .com file) starts with a C<$>, and execution
of VMS .com files is invoked with a C<@>.  I'm forever backslashing:

print F <<END;
\$!
\$! execute a.com, copy and purge