I've implemented a prototype of the indented here-doc tag I'm proposing.

http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/src/RFC-Prototype-0.02.tar.gz

Its RFC::Prototype::111, which is probably the wrong number.

I'll have to add <<POD =~ s/// syntax.  Also, if anyone's good with
filters I couldn't quite get the prototype working with
Filter::Util::Call.  I found myself needing to work line-by-line, and
that whole "build up $_" was getting in my way, so I switched to
Filter::Util::Exec and it works, but it makes debugging really hard.

=head1 NAME

RFC::Prototype::111 - Implements Perl 6 RFC 111

=head1 SYNOPSIS

  use RFC::Prototype::111;

  if( $is_fitting && $is_just ) {
      die <<"POEM";
        The old lie
       Dulce et decorum est
         pro patria mori
      POEM
  }

=head1 DESCRIPTION

Two changes.

    1. Allows POD end tags to be indented.  The amount of space a tag is
       indented is the amount which will be clipped off of each line of
       the here-doc.  Tabs will B<NOT> be expanded.

    2. POD end tags may now be followed by trailing whitespace

--

Michael G Schwern      http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Just Another Stupid Consultant                      Perl6 Kwalitee Ashuranse