On Sat, Sep 16, 2000 at 07:26:38PM -0700, Nathan Wiger wrote:
> My point was more should that be
>
>    'Class'->name
>
> or
>
>    Class()->name

I don't get it, lemme start from the beginning:

    print "Basset hounds got long Basset::Hounds->thang().";

I'd like that to work out as:

    print 'Basset hounds got long '.Basset::Hounds->thang.'.';

but are you suggesting it may do this?

    print 'Basset hounds got long '.Basset::Hounds().'->thang.';

Functions don't currently interpolate inside strings.  Maybe they
should, but if so definately with a leading &.

I dunno, how common is "word->another_word()" in a string?

Since this seems less obvious than object methods, I'm going to RFC it
seperately.

> But this is definitely useful:
>
>    $r = Apache->request;
>    print "URI is $r->uri";

Yes, the main concern is that accessor methods work.  I can live
without class methods.

> > How's about this?
>
> >         BEGIN { $class->require;  $class->import }   # use $class
>
> I like it. But I'm all RFC'ed out, so it's yours, baby... ;-)

RFC ho!

> [Nate drinks a beer to try and ease the pain of 4 RFC retractions and
>  another 22 that just need updating.]

If you're coming to YAPC::Europe, I definately owe you a few beers.
If nothing else than for the hell I've been giving you over here-docs.

--

Michael G Schwern      http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Just Another Stupid Consultant                      Perl6 Kwalitee Ashuranse