On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 10:51:52AM -0400, John Porter wrote:
> Are all the possible attributes going to be predefined, or can the
> user define new ones?

The user should be able to do anything they damn well like. This is,
allegedly, Perl, which means it's about making it easy to do what the
programmer wants to do.

> I would think that if it could be done at all,
> it would only be in extension (formerly XS) code.

Why? I don't want to go to C just to add a flag to a variable. That smacks of
making easy things hard and hard things impossible. You'll note that that
isn't the motto of Perl.

(The deadline for collecting ideas passed two weeks ago. Why is this all
still going on?)

Simon
--
I cannot and will not cut my conscience to fit this year's fashions.
                -- Lillian Hellman