At 04:04 PM 9/18/00 +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 10:51:52AM -0400, John Porter wrote:
> > I would think that if it could be done at all,
> > it would only be in extension (formerly XS) code.
>
>Why? I don't want to go to C just to add a flag to a variable. That smacks of
>making easy things hard and hard things impossible. You'll note that that
>isn't the motto of Perl.

I'd rather this sort of thing be visible everywhere as well. I don't see
any reason that we should force folks to write extensions to get this stuff.

>(The deadline for collecting ideas passed two weeks ago. Why is this all
>still going on?)

Who meets deadlines anyway? :) This is more a question of ramifications
than anything else, and those are bound to show up in chunks as development
proceeds.

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk