David> I was primarily addressing the issue of the P5P allowing the
David> language to be controlled by corporate presence through a
David> purchased pumking, and not taking responsibility for the
David> language sufficient to protect it against corruption (technical
David> and political), and choosing rather to follow the man rather
David> than look where they're going. I've no idea why Sarathy was
David> deposed, but I have a pretty big suspicion. The problem is, I
David> love Sarathy too. He's a hero, now with a tarnished reputation,
David> not necessarily solely because but definitely partially
David> because, of a poor choice in employers. But I can't support the
David> decisions that Sarathy made and why he made them. In order to
David> address problems like "the premature release of Perl 5.6 when
David> it wasn't nearly ready just to satisfy a Microsoft deadline",
David> either a/the porters group needs to understand that they need
David> to concentrate on the road and not on the leader, or we need a
David> group that is capable or willing to do so.

Please take your paranoia elsewhere.  I think if you actually sat down
and had lunch with each of the parties involved, and those further out
but well-informed, you'd find a consistent view of reality that
doesn't match ANY of your delusions.

No conspiracy could be that well-oiled.  Someone would have leaked it
by now.

And consider the contrary for a moment... if this *is* a conspiracy
desgined to lock you out, what point would complaining about it do?
{grin}

To be a contribution to the community, you must have some higher
degree of trust than you are demonstrating.  If you can't manage that
on your own, seek assistance elsewhere.