+!+!@@!!!

> Oh, without a doubt. I'd actually like to get things building such that the
> four main modules--parser, bytecode compiler, optimizer, and execution
> engine--are in separate shared libraries, and dynamically replaceable. (or
> at least done with a quick relink)

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Incidentally, I think that's a
good idea.

> (Or a C source module, or ties into the GEM

The Atari ST to my right just perked up.

> What's this piece do that B::C or B::CC don't do? I'm confused here.

It doesn't embed an interpreter. It outputs "native" C.

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    print "Hello world\n";

translates to

    int
    main (int argc, char **argv)
    {

    #line 2 "hello.pl"
    printf("%s", "Hello world\n");

By God I *KNOW* what this network is for, and you can't have it.
- Russ Allbery, http://www.slacker.com/rant.html