  DS> At 12:48 AM 10/24/00 +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
  >> On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 05:18:15PM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:
  >> > basically the emitted machine code for TIL is very simplified C
  >> > routine calls and their argument setup and return. all the routine calls
  >> > are to perl ops with just the minimal stack glue code in between them.
  >>
  >> OK, you're re-inventing .NET.

  DS> No, we're re-inventing wheels *far* older than that... :-P

see, there are advantages to being an old fart. we can remember further
back what crap we are reinventing this time around the wheelhouse.

remember mainframes with centralized everything, then mini computers
which decentralized, and workstations and pc's which decentralized
fully. now the trend is back to centralization as in app servers and
back end server farms, etc.

inline threaded code is something whose time has come again.

:-)

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ---------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  ----------  http://www.sysarch.com
SYStems ARCHitecture, Software Engineering, Perl, Internet, UNIX Consulting