On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 12:49:28AM +0100, Bart Lateur wrote:

> >>2 };
> >>
> >>Very good idea indeed!!! Append the wishlist to add this module to perl6's
> >>standard library!!!
> >
> >Very *bad* idea. It sounds nice, but using a remote module without any sort
> >of control is just begging for trouble.
>
> I agree. Plus, it strikes me as asking for trouble. It sounds make-ish.
> So every time you run a script, it could actually *upgrade* your module
> behind your back, without you checking it!

well, I agree in an uncontrolled environment. But in an internal network, it
could be very useful. Keep the huge distribution in one place, and distribute
only miniperls everywhere else.

Or, testing for upgrades. Run with a certain flag, and boom, you could test
to *see* if an upgrade is going to break you before you actually do it.

And note the 'VERSION' option. It should prevent what you are talking about from
occurring.

Ed