On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 11:35:59AM -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> > > use autoload { Bar => 'http://www.cpan.org/modules/Bar' },
> > >              { Baz => 'ftp://my.local.domain/perl-modules/Baz', VERSION =>
> >2 };
> >
> >Very good idea indeed!!! Append the wishlist to add this module to perl6's
> >standard library!!!
>
> Very *bad* idea. It sounds nice, but using a remote module without any sort
> of control is just begging for trouble.

Whether it's a good idea or a bad idea is largely irrelevant; the
purpose of -language is to decide whether or not it should be possible.
And given that it's prefectly possible in Perl 5 anyway, I don't see
why it's even being mentioned.

--
"MSDOS didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten years
of careful development."