> Hmm.  I just relized what he's talking about.  As an example, most nonsimple
> statements (IE past-tense, ones with modal and action verbs, etc) end in the
> verb.  For example, an english-speaker would say:
> I must walk the god. (Subject modal-verb action-verb direct-object.)
> A german-speaker would say:
> I must the god walk. (Subject modal-verb direct-object action-verb.)
> (Yes, I am a dislexic, agnostic insomniac.)

"The god I must walk", "walk the god I must", etc. They aren't immediately
familiar, but they are grammatical.

> This is exactly analgous to the perl form (english-perl):
> sort { f(a) <=> f(b) } @list;  (Action-verb subordanate-verb (adverbal form)
> direct-object.)  OTOH, for a german-speaker, sort @list {f(a) <=> f(b)}
> would be more natural (Action-verb direct-object subordanate-verb
> (infinitive form)).  (Note, BTW, that gramaticly, perl statements always
> have a implied subject of "Intepreter" [0].  (Also note that in english, the
> adverbal form of a verb normaly ends with ly, in german it ends with en, and
> in perl is surrounded by curly-braces.))

You're saying that it would be more natural for an English speaker to say,
"Sort numerically this list", as opposed to "sort this list numerically"?
I disagree; the latter is more natural for English speakers. I don't see
this as evidence of "English Perl". You could also analogize your sort
example as:

  sort { f(a) <=> f(b) } @list
 "Apply this sort to this list"

The same holds true for at least Spanish and French. I don't know German.

Consider 'print':

  print FILEHANDLE data;

This isn't the most intuitive form for English speakers, who would tend to
say:

  "Print this data to this filehandle."

Rather than:

  "Print to this filehandle this data.

> Then again, if you think of objects (in the OO sense) as doing things, then
> they normaly are the subject, and _not_ the indirect-object (in the english
> sense).

Well, then don't think of them that way. :) Perl objects of the class
variety are direct objects, indirect objects, subjects, and even verbs if
$_[0] is discarded in methods. It's true they are most commonly subjects,
but can be used as most anything. Isn't that great?