At 04:33 PM 3/26/2001 -0500, John Porter wrote:
>Dan Sugalski wrote:
> > The only issue there is whether memoization is appropriate. It could be
> > argued that it isn't (it certainly isn't with perl 5) though I for one
> > wouldn't mind being able to more aggressively assume that data was
> > semi-constant...
>
>The  :idempotent  attribute for subs?

Only trustable if there are no do, eval, or require calls past BEGIN time,
and we don't see any redefining subroutines.

If we disallow changing the attributes on subs at runtime, or explicitly
allow the optimizer to optimize away access to active data, then things are
different and we're fine.

                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk