On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 07:31:29PM -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
> At 06:51 PM 3/26/2001 -0500, John Porter wrote:
> >As for :idempotent, I think sort() needs to assume the comparison sub
> >is idempotent, rather than requiring such an attribute explicitly.
> Assuming idempotency's fine, though I don't know that I'd go so far as to
> require it. I certainly wouldn't complain, though.
I'd think /perl/ should complain if your comparison function isn't
idempotent (if warnings on, of course).  If nothing else, it's probably an
indicator that you should be using that schwartz thang.

          -=- James Mastros
--
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious.  It is the
source of all true art and science.  He to whom this emotion is a stranger,