On Fri, Apr 06, 2001 at 02:36:40PM -0400, John Porter wrote:
> Larry Wall wrote:
> > There will probably be optional modifiers before colon
> > for various reasons.  This has the result that we could distinguish an
> > inner:* operator from and outer:* operator.
>
> I balk at the proposition of Yet Another Namespace.

Doesn't look like another namespace, but rather an extension of an
existing one to me.

> > It might even mean that we can have a URL literal type,
>
> I trust that you will think long and hard about that.

Gosh I hope so ... my first reaction was that Larry had gone insane
when I saw that http://... example.  But let him digest those beans
completely and we'll see what he comes up with.

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
[EMAIL PROTECTED]