[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 4/5/01 12.15:
>2. package vs. module/class

>Whoa. This is so simple yet so sublime. It solves so many issues in one
swoop. Cool.

>Assuming Perl6 will be parsing Perl5 code? Hmmm. That's interesting. Forget
p52p6 and the whole 80/20 thing, we could potentially hit the 100% mark. I
wonder, implementationally, if to keep Perl6 light Configure could ask "Path
to Perl 5?" and then fork the Perl5 interpreter (instead of doing this
natively). Maybe this is thinking too far ahead.

I don't think so, because we want the symbols used in the p5 code accessible
in p6.  Maybe we can hack a special version of perl5 we can interfage with.
Hell, we could even embed 5 into 6, if could contain the older symbols.
Alternatively, since we're allowing for other parsers, maybe we could design
a parser that handles Perl5.