Dan Sugalski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Why? We don't ask this of any other compiler, so why ask it of perl?
> (You won't find this in a C, or Fortran, or Ada compiler...)

Yes, but my compiled C binaries in /usr/bin don't break when I upgrade
gcc.  A binary is largely independent of its compiler once it is
compiled and installed, interpreted programs do not have this luxury.

Think of it this way... what would happen if Borne Shell suddenly
decided it was going to introduce fundemental incompatibilities?  (I'm
sure they already have...)

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One