On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 09:58:05AM -0500, Brian Wheeler wrote:
> Name tricks are ugly, but useful.  Perhaps the best solution would
> be to call the new interpreter perl6.  If it finds itself being
> called 'perl' or 'perl5' then it should assume perl 5 code

I just worry about users not being aware of this.  As I mentioned
eariler, it was very common on systems that had perl4 as /usr/bin/perl
and perl5 as /usr/bin/perl5.  People would get these strange errors
from perl and either not think to look at the version and/or not think
that perl5 might be installed under another name.  It was quite
common.

It is a servicable solution, just be ready for the extra problems.

--

Michael G. Schwern   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/
Perl6 Quality Assurance     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>       Kwalitee Is Job One