Bart Lateur wrote:

> So what you're saying is that references aren't really scalars,
> but their own type. Thus they need their own prefix.
>
> But we've sort of run out of possible prefixes.

that is my interpretation of the p4->p5 decision to make references
fit within the scalar type; which itself echoes the nots&bolts
availability of memory addresses as integer types.  Which cause[s|d]
so much confusion when porting 32-bit code to 64-bit architecture

If perl6 variable decorations switch from Part-Of-The-Name
to type casts, pretending that a reference is a string continues
to make the same amount of sense as pretending that a pointer to
a structure is an integer.  It works, but it's troublesome.

--
                      David Nicol 816.235.1187 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                      all your base are belong to us, Will Robinson