On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 01:24:29PM +0100, Simon Cozens wrote:
> On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 12:46:35AM -0500, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:
> >     my $a is true = 0;              # variable property
> >     my $a = 0 is true;              # variable property
> >     my ($a) = 0 is true;            # value property
>
> Wow. Totally ETOOCONFUSING.

That has been exactly my thought as I have been reading this thread.

I have been trying to think what properties would make sensible variable
or value properties.

So far all I can think of for variable properties are actually compile time
properties like constant etc.

So I am left wondering how much of an issue this really will be ?

Graham.