I think I've missed something, even after poring over the archives for
some hours looking for the answer.  How does one write defaulting
subroutines a la builtins like print() and chomp()? Assume the code:

  for <> {
     printRec;
  }
  printRec "Done!";

  sub printRec {
     chomp;
     print ":$_:\n";
  }

Assuming the input file "1\n2\n3\n", I want to end up with:

:1:
:2:
:3:
:Done!:

I assume I'm missing something in the "sub printRec {" line.  But what?
(I also assume, perhaps incorrectly, that I won't have to resort to
anything so crass as checking whether my first parameter is defined...)

--
Trey Harris
Secretary and Executive