On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, at 06:11  AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote:

> Is there some kind of third option?  I have to admit I've always found
> Java
> commands like "Date bday = new Date('June 25, 2002')" somehow
> redundant.

I have to agree with this. Ideally, IMO, there'd be some magic going on
behind the scenes (maybe with a pragma?) that automatically typed
variables so we wouldn't have to be so redundant, the code would look
more like (most) Perl 5 OO stuff, and I'd save my tendonitis. What I
mean (ignoring for the moment the even simpler syntax suggested earlier
in this thread) is this:

   my $date = Date.new('June 25, 2002');

Would automatically type C<$date> as a Date object.

Thoughts?

Regards,

David

[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                 ICQ: 15726394
http://david.wheeler.net/                      Yahoo!: dew7e
                                                Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]