At 5:45 PM -0800 12/16/02, Dave Storrs wrote:
On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 03:44:21PM -0500, Dan Sugalski wrote:
 At 11:12 AM -0800 12/16/02, Dave Storrs wrote:

 >You find R2L easier to read, I find L2R
 >easier.  TIMTOWDI.  Perl6 should be smart enough to support both.

 Why?

 Yes, technically we can do both R2L and L2R. We can also support an
 alternative Scheme/Lisp form of perl's syntax, as well as a
 Forth/Postscript style. Heck, we can probably manage a prolog-style
 unification style for a not-insignificant subset of perl programs.
 That doesn't mean its a good idea.

Just so I'm clear, are you saying that you think L2R is a bad idea,
and should not be supported?  Or just that it has not yet been
demonstrated that this is a good idea?
I think it's a good idea, and that it should *not* be supported.
--
                                        Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk