In a message dated Thu, 9 Jan 2003, Damian Conway writes:
> One *might* argue that <~ ought to be of higher precedence than ~>
> (i.e. that invocants ought to be bound ahead of other arguments).
>
> If so, then:
>
>        $foo ~> print <~ $*STDERR
>
> is really:
>
>        $foo ~> print $*STDERR:
>
> is really:
>
>        $foo ~> print $*STDERR: $foo
>
> So yes.
>
> But don't do that!

Well, shades of C++, how about just

  $*STDERR <~ $foo;

or

  $foo ~> $*STDERR;

?  Stylistically, I often find myself needing to embed a complex
expression in a print(), and as anyone who's read my articles knows, I
really despise parens in normal sub calls (not method calls).  Yes, yes, I
could do $*STDERR.print() instead, but I'm trying to reduce visual
clutter, not resort to a mechanism that requires it :-)

Trey
--
I'm looking for work.  If you need a SAGE Level IV with 10 years Perl,
tool development, training, and architecture experience, please email me