--- Damian Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Mr. Nobody wrote:
>
> > I don't like either of these operators. What's wrong with
> >
> >      @out = sort map {...} grep {...} @a
> >
> > ?
>
> For a start, if these functions were to become (only) methods in Perl 6,
> it would have to be:
>
>         @out = sort map grep @a: {...} : {...} :;

That's why I want them to be normal functions, not methods.

> And even if we do have both functional and methodical versions, this:
>
>         @out <~ sort <~ map {...} <~ grep {...} <~ @a;
>
> is still clearer in its intent than:
>
>         @out = sort map {...} grep {...} @a;

I find the normal function call and assignment far more readable than using
some weird ugly operator.

> And the squiggly version is also reversible, for those who are more
> comfortable with reading left-to-right.
>
>         @a ~> grep {...} ~> map {...} ~> sort ~> @out;

That's going to be just plain confusing. Arguments to functions are supposed
to be on the right. And what's up with using them for assignment? That's
making them even more overcomplicated and ugly. Do you care about readability
at all? It seems to me that ~> and <~ have no use except making perl 6 uglier
and more complicated than it already is. They're completely unnecessary.