On Thu, 09 Jan 2003 19:55:20 -0500
John Siracusa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Has there been any discussion of how to create code in Perl 6 that's
> there under some conditions, but not there under others?  I'm thinking
> of the spiritual equivalent of #ifdef, only Perlish.

If the perl6 command-line options are anything like perl5 then you
can just use the -P switch if preprocessor commands are your thing.

> In Perl 5, there were many attempts to use such a feature for
> debugging and assertions.

There has also been a proposal for patching perl5 to add assertions
which was recently discussed[1] on p5p, which if accepted has
implications for assertions in perl6 surely.

Dan

[1]
http://www.xray.mpe.mpg.de/mailing-lists/perl5-porters/2002-11/msg00325.html