Andy Wardley wrote:
Robin Berjon wrote:
But as someone that also had to parse other people's random formats before we had XML, I would like to stress strongly the fact that the current situation is *much* better than it was.

True, but you're also missing the point that XML is a festering pile of steaming camel turds that has been over-designed and over-engineered by committee for 4 decades and still isn't any closer to being pleasant or easy to use.

This is a large overstatement, not to mention the fact that piling SGML onto it makes little sense (if more XMLers knew about SGML, they'd produce less cruft).

There are people that use XML to produce camel turd, and there are people that use it to create very nice things. What this has to do with Perl 6 evades me.

(unless you're using YAML of course).

YAML is cool, I'd just shoot myself before using it for document authoring.

Anyway, this isn't the time or place for an anti-XML rant. Suffice it to say that at least one of us is hoping that we can do markup better in Perl
6.

Everyone is hoping that, I just have yet to see someone point at one place where Perl 5 hinders XML processing in such a way that Perl 6 could help. I'm all ears though.

--
Robin Berjon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Research Engineer, Expway        http://expway.fr/