On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 08:32:39AM -0800, Paul wrote:

> Any input or comments welcome, though you may feel free to email me
> off-list if it's more appropriate. ;o]

Well, this is a comment, but it's slightly off topic. I would usually mail
off list (I don't mean to score points or irritate people), but it fits part
of my view of your subject line:

Subject: Re: list manners question

In your headers I see

Please could people be careful to really start a new message (cut and paste
the list address into a new message) rather than simply hitting reply,
then clearing the subject and body totally, as threading mail readers
(and list archivers on the web) spot the in-reply-to headers and think that
it's all part of the same thread.

Nicholas Clark