> > Any input or comments welcome, though you may feel free to email me
> > off-list if it's more appropriate. ;o]
>
> Well, this is a comment, but it's slightly off topic. I would usually
> mail off list (I don't mean to score points or irritate people), but
> it fits part of my view of your subject line:
>
> Subject: Re: list manners question
>
> In your headers I see

> Please could people be careful to really start a new message (cut and
> paste the list address into a new message) rather than simply hitting
> reply, then clearing the subject and body totally, as threading mail
> readers (and list archivers on the web) spot the in-reply-to headers
> and think that it's all part of the same thread.

Good point!
Those of us who use simpler systems (I actually slog through the
web-based Yahoo! mail) often forget or don't even *realize* what kind
of silent skeletons ride in the closets of forwards and replies.

I'm sure we'll try to be more careful (I know I will), but please be
patient with folk like me when we get bogged down in such things. :)

And FWIW, I consider this to be a very appropriate response -- an
aside, perhaps, but hey, the reason I asked the question was because I
care what helps and hinders other folk working on the list! ;o]

Paul