  MS> I suppose I could have provided some more explanation (I haven't
  MS> read the book yet) but as the original author of IMCC & PIR, I
  MS> wasn't even contacted out of courtesy to write the chapter and was
  MS> informed after the book was finished. :/

  MS> This has been a major stumbling block for me in getting back the
  MS> motivation to help with Parrot again.

even though it is not my place as i had nothing to do with the book, i
want to apologize for all for the oversight and slight. my impression is
that the book authors didn't consult with many of the parrot/p6 people
since it would have slowed down writing and production and they were on
a very tight schedule. AFAIK others who should have been co-authors or
should have been consulted were bypassed as you were. and note that it
was o'reilly's decision on how they did the book and they are not
parrot.

so if that helps salve your wound, i am sure you contributions (past and
future) to parrot are welcomed and appreciated by the parrot community
(pretty much those on these lists)

thanx,.

uri

--