Mark J. Reed skribis 2004-04-15 16:49 (-0400):
> If I might offer a modest counter-proposal - how about a fallback method
> (the equivalent of Perl5's AUTOLOAD or Ruby's method_missing, however
> that winds up being spelled in Perl6) that would return the value of the
> key equal to the requested method name?

No, please not that.

When there is a bareword that is both a key and a method, one of the two
has to get precedence. Neither option is acceptable and both render using
the . for the thing that does not get precedence useless.

Option one: methods get precedence

    Code breaks when methods are added.

Option two: keys get precedence

    Would have to delay everything until runtime.

No, if we want a simple and lean operator for this, it must not be one
that in the same context also has another function.

Juerd