That would be C<%hash +% 5>, or maybe C<%hash mod 5>, for some value of '5'.
The use of % as a modulo operator is purely a legacy from 'C', where it was
a failure: in 'C', the only number you care about for modulus is some power
of 2, and you get those using bitwise-and anyway.

If there is no comma-optional case, then you might even say:

  $foo % bar
  $foo % $bar

  @foo @ 10 % bar  (for some reason, I can't like @ as an array dereference.
[] does it for me.)

(Also, of course, I'm still holding out for @ to be the infix
remote-procedure-call operator. Hooray for ACcent!)

=Austin