On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 06:39:07PM -0600, Luke Palmer wrote:
> Matija Papec writes:
> >
> > Would there be a way to still use simple unquoted hash keys like in old
> > days ($hash{MYKEY})?
>
> Of course there's a way to do it.  This is one of those decisions that I
> was against for the longest time, until one day something clicked and it
> made sense.

Out of curiosity, can you articulate what clicked?  This one still
doesn't make sense to me, and I'd like to get it.

> You might do it something like this:
>
>     macro postcircumfix:{} ($base, $subscript)
>         is parsed( / $?subscript := (\w+) /)
>     {
>         return { $base.{"$subscript"} }
>     }

I don't recall seeing postcircumfix before, nor can I find it in
A6...did I miss something?

Are there others, aside from these:  ?

    prefix:     a unary prefix operator
    infix:      a binary infix operator