On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 10:39:56AM +0200, Michele Dondi wrote:
: On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, Alexey Trofimenko wrote:
:
: > if we really about to lose C-style comma, would we have something new
: > instead?
:
: A late thought, but since I am one of thow whose' keen on the
:
:   print,next if /stgh/;
:
: kinda syntax too, and I, for one, will regret not having it anymore, I
: wonder wether something vaguely like the following example could (be made
: to) work:
:
:   print.then{next} if /stgh/;

That's unnecessary--the comma still works perfectly fine for this,
since comma still evaluates its arguments left-to-right.  The *only*
difference about comma is what it returns in scalar context.  Most uses
of the so-called C-style comma (including this one) are actually in
void context, and in that case whether the return value is a list or
the final value Doesn't Really Matter.

Larry