Dan Hursh wrote:

Peter Behroozi wrote:

I'm not particular to any of the verbs used yet, but maybe that's
because I don't think of the <> as a general iterator, but more of a
gobbler-type creature (and formerly a globber, too).  Could we try:

for $foo.fetch { ... } #or
for $foo.grab { ... } #or
for $foo.eat { ... }

And to replace $/ we could have something like:

for $foo.fetch :upto(",") { ... } #or
for $foo.fetch :until(",") { ... }

    general        impose scalar    impose list
  D    $foo.eat    $foo.bite    $foo.gobble
  N    $foo.look    $foo.peek    $foo.peruse

hmm, I don't like eat in this case

  D    $foo.take    $foo.grab    $foo.horde

s/horde/hoard/

That assumes folks think of grab as being singular and take as being open ended. That, and I don't want take to colide with gather{take}. Oh well.

Dan