  LW> The only bizarre and inexplicable thing that has occurred to me in
  LW> the last week is that I fell into a canal in Venice.  It was
  LW> definitely somewhat stunning, but I have yet to figure out how to
  LW> view it as a stroke of genius.  I suppose if I were Archimedes I'd
  LW> have climbed back out and shouted "Eureka", but as far as I know
  LW> Archimedes never made it to Italy, so it didn't occur to me...

also it would be very hard to detect overflow of the canal/lagoon caused
by the displacement of water due to your body. and i do hope you don't
pollute perl6 with the canal water than seeped into ya! :)

and Archimedes was sicilian (syracuse IIRC) so does that count as italy?
it wasn't part of italy in those days.

now if you suddenly discovered the rest of the apocalypses in a hidden
chamber below the stairs in that canal, that would be fine cause for you
to strip and run around shouting eureka!

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com