Hi Juerd,

[Quoting Juerd, on February 5 2005, 16:57, in "CLI signature?"]
>     signature (
>         Rule  $pattern,
>         bool +$help    :short('h'),
>         Int  +$verbose :short('v'),
>         Str  [EMAIL PROTECTED] = <->
>     );

The actual parsing still has to happen 'somewhere else', exactly like
it is now (in module Getopt::Long). So basically what you are trying
to design is a new way to tell the future Getopt::Ultimate[tm] what
options are expected/allowed.

There seems to be one advantage: the creation of the lexicals.
However, I thing this is a very minor advantage since usually these
lexicals need to be initialized first anyway.

This does not mean that I would not encourage designing a new syntax
for Getopt::Ultimate, a syntax that sticks closely to the native perl6
syntax.

-- Johan