I thought I'd just drop in a quick note to people to let you know that PPI 0.903 was just release, which fixs the last significant performance bug. PPI is now completely leak-free and implicitly-DESTROY's correctly.

Anyone who wanted to have a short at doing any kind of mass-processing of Perl 5 code to produce docs or pugs AST trees or what have you should be able to safely build on top of PPI now.

To summarize, "Parsing and Analyzing are getting quite usable. I'll get back to you later on Manipulating".

Also, I saw another mention recently (possibly on TPF request for donations) about the Perl 5 to Perl 6 converter, and it being 40% completed? ... Larry?

Is anybody working on it? If it's built on something other than PPI, is there anything I can see, so I can steal any parsing tricks I don't know of yet. :)

Adam K