On 2005-04-11 15:00, "Juerd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not even sure I like the *possibility* of using non-ascii letters in
> identifiers, even.

I agree that it would be a nightmare if project A used presu instead of
print everywhere, while project B used toon, etc.  But non-ASCII identifiers
are a good thing, because there are many places even in the English-speaking
world ­ even in Ugly America ­ where people are used to such identifiers.  I
want to be able to use $Å for a variable representing angstroms, to see the
constant Math::Trig::π in trig functions,  to declare a sub Σ that does
summations, etc etc.  And even if those don’t come through in email
properly, they make it through CVS/SVN commits and updates just fine. :)